GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT CLASS - Vocabulary

Fatal error - End to any chance that you will get what you want
Ex: It was a fatal error for him to forget water when he walked through the desert.

Calamity - Major disaster
Ex: The earthquake in Indonesia caused a calamity, because so many people died and several buildings were destroyed in many countries.

Alliance – Good working relationship
Ex: England and Canada formed an alliance to fight in World War 2 against Germany.

Persistent – You will not give up
Ex: He’s asked me to have dinner many times. He was persistent, so I decided to have dinner with him only one time. Since that time he has become my boyfriend.

Acts of God - Something that happens that people can’t control
Ex: I couldn’t go to work, because of too much snow. It was an act of God.

Were your ears burning? – Somebody is talking about you when you are not there
A: Hey you’re here. Were your ears burning?
B: No. How come?
A: We were just talking about you 5 minutes ago.

Damage control
– Strategy to stop things from getting worse
Ex: We needed to do damage control before contract was cancelled.

Monday, October 15, 2007

DAILY DIALOUGE

#ORDERING FOOD#

Q: HI~HOW ARE YOU?
A: I'M GOOD. THANK YOU~!
Q: WOULD YOU LIKE TO DRINK?
or
WHAT CAN I GET YOU TO DRINK?
A: WATER PLEASE.(or whatever you want to drink)
or
NO,THANK YOU.
Q : ARE YOU READY TO ORDER?
or
WHAT CAN I GET FOR YOU (THIS EVENING)?
A: I'LL HAVE ....or I'D LIKE .....


Q:EVERYTHING IS O.K?
or
HOW IS IT?
or
EVERYBODY GOOD?
A:YES. IT'S GOOD.
or
CAN I GET SOME NAPKINS?
or
CAN I GET MORE TO DRINK?

Q: DO YOU WANT TO EAT DESSERT?
or
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THE DESSERT MENU?
A: YES,PLEASE.
or
NO,THANK YOU.

Q: WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET THE BILL?
or
A:I'D LIKE TO GET THE BILL.

*NOTE FOR TIPPING.
: WHEN YOU PAY THE BILL, THE AMOUNT OF TAX SHOULD BE THE SAME AS TIP.

1 comment:

mens ed pills said...

I love reading through an article that can make people think. Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!