GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT CLASS - Vocabulary

Fatal error - End to any chance that you will get what you want
Ex: It was a fatal error for him to forget water when he walked through the desert.

Calamity - Major disaster
Ex: The earthquake in Indonesia caused a calamity, because so many people died and several buildings were destroyed in many countries.

Alliance – Good working relationship
Ex: England and Canada formed an alliance to fight in World War 2 against Germany.

Persistent – You will not give up
Ex: He’s asked me to have dinner many times. He was persistent, so I decided to have dinner with him only one time. Since that time he has become my boyfriend.

Acts of God - Something that happens that people can’t control
Ex: I couldn’t go to work, because of too much snow. It was an act of God.

Were your ears burning? – Somebody is talking about you when you are not there
A: Hey you’re here. Were your ears burning?
B: No. How come?
A: We were just talking about you 5 minutes ago.

Damage control
– Strategy to stop things from getting worse
Ex: We needed to do damage control before contract was cancelled.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Finding a job

You can find job on these sites
1.Restaurants&Cafes

2.Part time jobs
*This are Korean sites link
1.Vanchosun
2.OurVancouver
*This is Japanese site link
1.JpCanada



Here is an example of a conversation you can have with a manager:

manager:Hi~ Can I help you?
student:Hi~ I'm looking for a job
Are you hiring now?
maneger:Yes, We are hiring now.
Do you have a resume?

student:Yes, I do... this is my resume
maneger:oh~ thanks..
We need parttime staff

Student:I know .. I want parttime
maneger:Um.. How long will you stay in Vancouver?
student:I will stay Six months
maneger:How long have you been here?
student:Um...One month
maneger:Do you have a work permit?
student:Yes, I do
maneger:When can you start work?
student:right now!!!!!!!!!!
maneger:What days can you work?
student:I can work after school on weekdays and anytime on weekends.
maneger:when do you finish school?
student:I finish at 4pm
maneger:very good
I will think about it, we will call you

student:thank you ~ bye~!
maneger:bye~~


No comments: